Sign up for Meridian’s Free Newsletter, please CLICK HERE

The following is excerpted from the Washington Post. To read the full article, click here. Cover image via Nathan Sheets. 

A 61-year-old man who was a leader in the Latter Day Saints Church died last week after being overcome by carbon monoxide at his house in Montgomery County authorities said.

[dfads params='groups=2870&limit=1&orderby=random']

The victim was identified on Facebook as James Baird, the president of the Washington D.C. stake of the LDS church, often referred to as the Mormon Church. A Facebook post said he died Thursday.

“It is with great sadness that we inform you of the passing of Washington DC Stake President James Baird, due to accidental carbon monoxide poisoning in his home,” the Annapolis stake of the church said on its Facebook site Thursday evening.

The posting said his wife had been released from the hospital, and had recovered fully.

To read the full article, click here.