You are invited to participate in a real archaeological dig this summer in Nauvoo, Illinois. Visit us at FaceBook: idigNauvooREGISTER NOW
Four Different Volunteer Opportunities:
- I dig Volunteer. No fees required. These individuals sign up for the “i dig Nauvoo Volunteer Event” and enter the dates/times that you are available. By signing up we can assure that we will have a spot for you to volunteer when you come to the site. I dig Nauvoo T-shirt and souvenir trowel and other thank you gifts are available with the suggested donation at our online thank you store or on site. All funds will be used for the cost associated with project and for beautifying the site when the project is complete. Scouts can earn the archaeology merit badge by working on the site.
- Crew of member of i dig Nauvoo. One week commitment required. Shifts are generally Monday–Friday, 8:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m. Cost is just $100, which includes breakfast, lunch, and dinner at the Historic Nauvoo House. Individual meal plans are are also available. Contact us for details. Crews are made up of 6 to 12 individuals so bring your friends!!! Crew members can be from ages 12 to adult. Crew members under 18 age must have a parent or guardian in attendance. Currently the idigNauvoo staff is working for college credit for high school and college students. Check back for more details as they come available.
- Donor. We love donations! They are used to buy tools and supplies and provide on-site scholarships for the i dig Nauvoo Crew. Any additional funds will be used to beautify the site after the dig is complete. You can choose your own thank you gift for your donation showing that you supported this historical event. Donate Now
Information for Families and Volunteers: Archaeological work is not easy, so we recommend that parents of young children sign up for the same shift as their children. Then when/if children become tired, a parent/adult can assist the children or take them to other activities. Sessions may be shared by multiple individuals. We want to help your family create positive memories, so don’t over schedule your family.
- Morning session: 8:30 a.m.–12:00 noon
- Afternoon session: 1:00–5:00 p.m.