Sign up for Meridian’s Free Newsletter, please CLICK HERE
Now this is a good dish to warm your family on a blustery winter night or a great dish to bring to your ward chili cook-off, and what makes it even better is that it can be made mostly from Thrive Life ingredients you can keep in your food storage. If you don’t win the cook-off, you will definitely win the award for the most prepared!
Total Time: 35 min
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 20 min
- 1/2 c. bacon, diced
- 2 tbsp. garlic, minced
- 1/4 c. barbecue sauce
- 1/2 c. THRIVE Tomato Powder
- 6 c. water
- 1/4 c. THRIVE Beef Bouillon
- 1 c. THRIVE Sausage Crumbles – Freeze Dried
- 1/2 c. THRIVE Ground Beef (Hamburger) – Freeze Dried
- 3/4 c. THRIVE Green Bell Peppers – Freeze Dried
- 1 1/4 c. THRIVE Black Beans (soaked and precooked)
- 1/2 c. THRIVE Green Chili Peppers – Freeze Dried
- 3/4 c. THRIVE Chopped Onions- Dehydrated
- 1/2 c. THRIVE Celery – Freeze Dried
- 1 1/2 tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tbsp. Cholula hot sauce
- 2 tbsp. lime juice
- 3 tbsp. THRIVE Cilantro
- 2 tbsp. THRIVE Green Onions – Freeze Dried
- 1/2 c. THRIVE Tomato Dices – Freeze Dried
- In a large stock pot, brown bacon and drain most of grease. Add garlic and sauté lightly.
- Add barbecue sauce and tomato powder and caramelize pan, scraping edges. Add water and bouillon and stir.
- Add all remaining ingredients except cilantro, green onions, and tomatoes. Bring to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes or until thick.
- Add cilantro, green onions, and tomato; stir well to incorporate. Serve with sour cream and tortilla chips.
Yield: 10 cups