Geoff Steurer, MS, LMFT interviews author, speaker, and founder of Protect Young Minds, Kristen A. Jenson. In this episode, Kristen shares how parents need to begin planning how they will talk with their young children about the dangers found online and how they can prepare their children to respond. Kristen is the author of the children’s books, “Good Pictures, Bad Pictures” and “Good Pictures, Bad Pictures, Jr”.
Here is more information about Kristen’s organization and resources:
* The Quickstart Guide for Proactive Parents https://protectyoungminds.org/prepare/
* The SMART Plan for Parents (help for parents of kids who have viewed porn) https://protectyoungminds.org/heal/
* Share & Speak Up https://protectyoungminds.org/share/
* Art vs Porn: How to Explain the Difference to a Child https://protectyoungminds.org/2016/09/08/porn-vs-art-explain-child/
* Feelings 101: A Simple Exercise to Build Emotional Wellness in Kids https://protectyoungminds.org/2017/10/12/exercise-build-emotional-wellness-kids/
* Block Porn Interest: A Proactive Parenting Plan https://protectyoungminds.org/2016/03/17/block-porn-interest/
Also, listeners can get a free CAN DO Plan poster by texting CANDOPLAN to 44222.
They can find out more about her books here. https://protectyoungminds.org/books/
The Illuminate podcast is brought to you by LifeStar of St. George, Utah, a program that helps couples heal their betrayed marriages. Learn more at www.lifestarstgeorge.com