The following is excerpted from the Church News. To read the full article, CLICK HERE.
Youth are invited to gather on Sunday, Jan. 28, for a worldwide discussion on discipleship.
The evening will include a 45-minute long prerecorded video broadcast featuring Elder Gary E. Stevenson of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles.
Young Men General President Steven J. Lund said this will not be a typical broadcast.
“Youth will have the opportunity to become engaged as the presentation is stopped for local discussions and then resumed,” he said. “We hope families will talk together and youth groups will share with adult leaders. It will make the experience so much more meaningful.”
“Gather at a home, a backyard campfire, at the beach or in your church. You decide,” she wrote. “We can’t wait to hear what you learn about discipleship.”
A suggested outline of the event is as follows:
- Ask a youth to conduct the meeting.
- Begin with music and a prayer provided by youth.
- Watch the video together.
- Pause when prompted to discuss questions as a group (invite someone ahead of time to facilitate discussion as needed).
- Close with a prayer.
- Spend time afterward as desired.
To read the full article, CLICK HERE.