Butternut squash is delicious and hearty but can sometimes take a long time to peel and cook. This butternut squash soup recipe from our friends at Thrive Life gives you the same taste you love in about half the amount of time—all from ingredients you can have in your food storage! With a little bit of water and a few minutes, Thrive’s freeze-dried and dehydrated ingredients are rehydrated and create a great taste the whole family will love. Try this butternut squash soup recipe and let us know what you think!
Total Time: 25 min
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 15 min
- 8 1/2 c. water
- 3 c. THRIVE Butternut Squash – Freeze Dried
- 1/4 c. THRIVE Chopped Onions – Freeze Dried
- 1/4 c. THRIVE Celery – Freeze Dried
- 1/2 c. THRIVE Carrot Dices
- 1/4 tsp. THRIVE Chef’s Choice
- 1/4 c. THRIVE Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp. THRIVE Iodized Salt
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 c. THRIVE Béchamel (Creamy White Sauce)
- 1/2 c. heavy cream
- Combine all ingredients except cream and bechamel in a pot and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add soup in small batches to a blender and blend smooth. Place back into a clean pot.
- Add the cream and bechamel to soup and bring to a simmer for 2 minutes.
- Allow to rest and serve.
Yield: 10 cups