This enchilada recipe is tasty, quick and easy! – by David and Heather Parker
15m prep time
15m cook time
- 8 8 Inch Soft Taco Flour Tortillas
- 2 1/2 c. THRIVE Chopped Chicken – Freeze Dried
- 2 c. THRIVE Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese – Freeze Dried Rehydrate with approx 1/3 cup of water
- 3 tbsp. Butter
- 3 tbsp. White Flour (All Purpose Unbleached Flour)
- 2 tsp. THRIVE Chicken Bouillon Mixed into 2 cups of water to make a broth
- 1 c. THRIVE Sour Cream Powder Mixed with 1/2 cup of water
- 1/8 c. THRIVE Green Chili Peppers – Freeze Dried Add more depending on how spicy you like it
- 3 tsp. THRIVE Chefs Choice 1 tsp for the chicken and 2 for the sauce
- 2 tsp. Cilantro
- 1/4 c. Salsa (use your favorite brand)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease an oven pan
- Mix 2 cups of Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese with 1/3 – 1/2 cup of water and set aside. TIP: you may want to to rehydrate the cheese the night before as it takes a few hours to rehydrate.
- Rehydrate 2 1/2 cups of chicken with 2 cups of water and 1 tsp of Chef’s Choice Seasoning and set aside.
- Mix 2 cups of water and 2 tsp of chicken bouillon and set aside.
- Mix 1 cup of Sour Cream Powder and 1/2 cup of water and set aside.
- Melt butter and stir in flour. Let cook for about 1 minute.
- Stir in the premade Chicken Broth, 2 tsp of Chef’s Choice Seasoning and 2 tsp of Cilantro.
- Stir in the Green Chili Peppers.
- Stir in the Sour Cream and Salsa and wisk until smooth.
- Simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Mix 1 cup of the rehydrated Montery Jack Cheese with the 2 cups of rehydrated Chicken.
- Fill the tortilla shells with the Chicken and Cheese mixture and place in baking pan.
- Pour sauce over tortilla shells and then cover with the remaining cup of cheese.
Bake on 350 for about 15-18 minutes.
Teri N.February 23, 2022
Would you might be able to please list the nutrition information for this recipe? It looks delicious, but my we have some diabetics in our family and I'm interested in knowing the fiber, sugar, and carb content. Thank you!