The 2018 North Star Conference is a faith-affirming resource for LDS individuals who experience same-sex attraction or gender dysphoria and wish to live a Christ-centered life. Hear firsthand accounts of LGBT individuals and families as they navigate the complex journey of reconciling faith with sexual orientation and gender identity.
This conference is a great resource for families and church leaders who want to understand this complex subject in the context of the gospel.
Highlights of the conference to be held March 15-17, 2018 at the Provo Utah Marriott Hotel & Conference Center:
- Keynote addresses and featured presenters, including:
- Stephanie Clark Nielson. (Watch Elder Jeffrey R. Holland recount her story in his general conference talk, “Like a Broken Vessel.” (See video below.)
- Thomas Mark Zuniga and Elliott Gladwin of the Your Other Brothers podcast.
- Tom Christofferson, author of That We May Be One.
- See a list of featured presenters.
- Breakout sessions for SSA/gay men, SSA/gay women, transgender, spouses/couples, parents, family, and friends.
- Youth/teen program.
- Leadership sessions for Church leaders, featuring Kurt Francom of LeadingLDS.
- Special musical performance by David Archuleta during the Saturday afternoon keynote session. (Open to registered conference attendees only.)
- See the schedule for the 2018 North Star Conference
- Register by January 28 to take advantage of discounted early-bird rates
- North Star also sponsors a series of videos. Watch True to Him Videos of LDS with Same-Sex Attraction and Gender Identity Issues
- See the Church’s website MormonandGay.lds.org
- See a list of LDS Resources for Same-Sex Attraction