The following is excerpted from the Church News. To read the full article, CLICK HERE.
Standing next to the Christus statue in the São Paulo Temple Visitors’ Center on Sunday night, Oct. 31, Elder Ulisses Soares of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles testified that the Savior’s arms are always open, inviting all to come unto Him.
“His countenance expresses this profound love that He has for the children of God,” Elder Soares told young adults across Brazil, speaking his native Portuguese. “I hope you can … perceive how much Heavenly Father loves us, that He sent His Son Jesus Christ in sacrifice so we could one day to return to His presence.”
Elder Soares intentionally began the nationwide broadcast in the São Paulo Temple Visitors’ Center before moving to the meetinghouse next door so the image of the Savior’s arms could be a focal point for the devotional messages shared by him and his wife, Sister Rosana Soares.
Here are the five issues Elder Soares addressed, CLICK HERE to read what he said about each:
1. What are some gospel habits that have positively impacted your children?
2. How can I develop myself spiritually while preparing for marriage?
3. How can I maintain balance between work, family and Church responsibilities?
4. How would the Savior want us to include those with same-sex attraction at Church and in our family?
5. How can I find strength to stay strong and help others in this troubled and confusing world?