This recipe is perfect for one serving. How easy is it to pack into a small jar and take on a backpacking trip, or to send to camp with your kids? Or to simply have available for a quick meal loaded with protein? -by Cindy Suelzle
- 1/4 c. THRIVE Scrambled Egg Mix
- 1 tbsp. Cheese Blend a wonderful cheese powder easy to mix
- 2 tbsp. THRIVE Sausage Crumbles – Freeze Dried
- 2 tbsp. THRIVE Broccoli – Freeze Dried
- 2 tbsp. THRIVE Chopped Spinach – Freeze Dried
- 1/2 c. Water
- 1 tsp. Coconut Oil
- Use your favorite combination of “extra” ingredients to equal 1/4 cup: sausage, broccoli and spinach are just a suggestion. Peppers would be nice, mushrooms would be nice
- Use your favorite oil too, I prefer coconut oil, but olive oil or any other kind of vegetable oil will do. Or butter. Mix egg mixture (which amounts to 1/2 cup) in with 1/2 cup water. Whisk till blended. Give the sausage a minute to plump up while you heat the oil
- Heat oil over medium heat and pour egg mixture into it. Cook, stirring once in a while, till eggs are done.
OR – Slowly pour egg mixture into prepared muffin tin. Bake in a 350 degree oven until tops are set and lightly golden, (8 to 10 minutes) rotating tin halfway through baking. Let muffins cool slightly, then run small knife around each muffin to loosen and remove from tin. Serve.