Sign up for Meridian’s Free Newsletter, please CLICK HERE
The following comes from FAIR Mormon.
Elder Kevin W. Pearson, of the First Quorum of the Seventy, will speak at the 20th Annual FairMormon Conference in Provo, Utah. His talk is titled A Sacred and Imperative Duty. The conference is on August 1, 2, and 3 at the Utah Valley Convention Center, from 9 am to 5 pm each day. Attend in person in Provo, Utah, or watch with live or time-delayed video streaming.
This conference is full of outstanding and important topics that you won’t want to miss.
On Wednesday, August 1, the talks will be focused on celebrating LDS Women. Put together in partnership with the LDS Church History Department, our speakers are Jenny Reeder, Lisa Olsen-Tait, Matt McBride, Jenny Lund, Scott Hales, Taunalyn Rutherford, and Lynne Hilton Wilson. Their subjects:
- Women of the Global Church: Stories on history.lds.org
- “Fire In My Bones”: Women’s Stories on churchhistorianspress.org
- Takeaways from the Gospel Topics Essays
- “We all must be crazy”: The Plight of a 19th-Century Mormon Missionary Wife
- Women’s Stories in Saints: The Story of the Church of Jesus Christ in the Latter Days
- Mormon Women in India
- Peter and Paul’s Paradoxical Passages on Women
On Thursday, August 2, our speakers are Brad Wilcox, Steven Harper, Sara Riley, Jeff Bradshaw, Spencer McBride, Randall Spackman, Steve Densley, and Geret Giles. Their subjects:
- “Even as Moses’ Did”: The Use of the Exodus Narrative in Mosiah 11-18
- “Have You Been Saved By Grace?” How Do We Respond?
- Barriers to Belief
- Stories of the Saints in the Democratic Republic of the Congo
- Making Saints: A Look into the Writing of the New Church History
- Chronological Structure and Symbolism in the Small Plates of Nephi
- Joseph Smith in Van Buren’s White House: Lessons in Electoral Politics and Religious Freedom
On Friday, August 3, the speakers are Elder Kevin W. Pearson, Wade Miller, John Lynch, Jeff Lindsay, John Gee, Jeff Robinson, and Daniel Peterson. Their subjects:
- The Presence of Pre-Columbian Horses in America
- Strengthen Thy Brethren: Bolstering Those in Faith Crisis
- A Sacred and Imperative Duty
- “Arise from the Dust”: Digging into a Vital Book of Mormon Theme
- Selling Our Birthright for a Mess of Pottage: The Historical Authenticity of the Book of Abraham
- Thinking Differently About Same-Sex Attraction
- Apologetics: What, Why and How?
Each day is filled with remarkable and interesting speakers and topics. These talks could be life changing for you or your family members.
We hope to see you there!