Youth.lds.org is a new Web site designed especially for youth (ages 12-18) of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. The site provides a unique place on the Web where youth can uplift and strengthen one another and receive messages from the prophet and other Church leaders.
The initial version of the site features 4 primary areas:
1. For the Strength of Youth-This section contains three sections:
- A Brand New Year 2010, which presents the annual Mutual theme, “Be strong and of a good courage . . .” (Joshua 1:9). This section includes 10 specially-made multicultural and multilingual videos that will be used by local Church leaders worldwide throughout the year to teach and reinforce messages related to the standards for LDS youth.
- For the Strength of Youth booklet of standards presented online.
- We Testify, a section with a uniquely designed “wall” displaying faces of LDS youth. Behind each face is a testimony from that young woman or young man. Every day, youth add new testimonies and share new insights related to the standards found in For the Strength of Youth.
2. For Youth Today-This section contains regularly-posted messages from Church leaders for the benefit and guidance of young men and young women. The messages are often accompanied by photos, audio files, and video files.
3. Mormon Messages for Youth-This section contains videos featuring the words of the prophets and other significant, timely themes addressing the needs of young people today.
4. From Every Nation-This section contains stories of Latter-day Saint youth from around the world who are thriving as they live the gospel. These stories are told through brief articles supplemented with videos, photos, and audio recordings.
Youth.lds.org will be updated regularly with fresh information and important new messages for LDS youth. Parents and leaders of youth are encouraged to use the site’s resources in family home evenings, lessons, and personal discussions. Youth are encouraged to share the media found on the site with friends and to participate on the site to help strengthen other youth.
You can read more stories about LDS Media at www.ldsmediatalk.com