In this week’s episode, I have a discussion with Dr. Jennifer Finlayson-Fife about how to reclaim personal sexuality in recovery from sexual betrayal. This is a confusing topic for those who have sexually betrayed their partner and for those partners who have been sexually betrayed. These are the some of the questions I hear on a regular basis from couples who are working through sexual betrayal:
- What to we do about sex after betrayal?
- My own sexuality feels so altered, how do I get it back?
- What if I don’t want to have sex or be a sexual person?
This is an episode for people in all stages of recovery – from early in the healing process or later when you’re trying to navigate a new sexual relationship. In this episodes we discuss:
- How sexual betrayal impacts individual sexuality for both the unfaithful and the betrayed.
- What individual and couple factors influence how deeply sexuality is impacted.
- The steps individual might consider as they begin reclaiming their sexuality.
- The roadblocks that get in the way of reclaiming personal sexuality in the wake of sexual betrayal.
- The growth we see as individuals work to reclaim their sexuality.
Connect with Geoff Steurer:
Visit www.geoffsteurer.com for online courses and other supportive resources.
About Dr. Finlayson-Fife Dr. Jennifer Finlayson-Fife is a LDS relationship and sexuality coach as well as a Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor in the state of Illinois. She has a Ph.D. in Counseling Psychology. Her teaching and coaching focuses on helping LDS individuals and couples achieve greater satisfaction and passion in their emotional and sexual relationships. In addition to consultation with couples and individuals (in person and online), she teaches online relationship and sexuality courses designed to foster self and sexual development and create happier relationships and individuals. Dr. Finlayson-Fife also offers many live workshops and retreats for couples and individuals. Jennifer is a frequent guest on LDS-themed podcasts and writes articles for LDS-themed blogs and magazines, on the subjects of sexuality, relationships, mental health and faith. You can learn more about Dr. Jennifer Finlayson-Fife and her courses and workshops by visiting her website www.finlayson-fife.com