The following is excerpted from the Church Newsroom. To read the full article, CLICK HERE.
The Tabernacle Choir and Orchestra at Temple Square have announced dates and venues for their rescheduled Heritage Tour. The tour was originally postponed because of the COVID-19 pandemic. The choir will perform in seven cities across four Nordic countries and the United Kingdom, leaving Salt Lake City on June 16, 2022, and returning to the United States on July 7, 2022. The tour will include performances in the following cities and venues:
- Stockholm, Sweden, June 18, 2022, Konserthuset Stockholm
- Helsinki, Finland, June 21, 2022, TBA
- Copenhagen, Denmark, June 25, 2022, DR Koncerthuset
- Oslo, Norway, June 28, 2022, Oslo Spektrum
- Edinburgh, Scotland, July 1, 2022, Usher Hall
- Newport, South Wales, July 4, 2022, International Convention Centre Wales
- Cardiff, Wales, July 6, 2022, St. David’s Hall (benefit concert, invitation only)
Choir President Ron Jarrett said the name of the tour is a nod to the choir’s history. Some of its earliest members had roots in Wales and other areas of Europe that the choir will visit during its upcoming tour.
“We stand on the shoulders of these musical pioneers who created a legacy that has influenced the entire world for good. What an honor it will be to share the joy and peace the music of the choir brings in some of the very places where it all began,” said Jarrett.
To read the full article, CLICK HERE.