Sign up for Meridian’s Free Newsletter, please CLICK HERE
The August issues of the Ensign, New Era, and Friend magazines focus on the amazing gift of the body.
The New Era issue features a special article, “Your Body: A Magnificent Gift to Cherish,” by President Nelson about the gift of the body as a creation from Heavenly Father.
The New Era issue includes the following articles:
- Your Body: A Magnificent Gift to Cherish,” by President Nelson
- More Than a Body: Seeing as God Sees. Learn how to look at yourself through God?s eyes rather than the distorted lens of negative body image.
- Your Physical and Spiritual DNA. In body and spirit, we?re both different and the same by design.
- Let’s Have a Modest Conversation. Modesty: what it is, what it isn’t, who it’s for, and why we do it.
- Some Things We Don’t Share. Photo sharing definitely has its limits.
- Brain and Body: How They Work Together. If you take care of your whole temple, it will take better care of you.
- How I Fight Illness with Faith. From leukemia to tae kwon do,one young man’s journey of prayer and faith.
- Amazing Things the Body Can Do. Check out a few amazing body facts.
- Vaping, Coffee, Tea, and Marijuana. Clearing up Word of Wisdom confusion.
- What Voices Will You Listen To? We each have great potential and inner beauty waiting to be revealed.
- What I Learned from Having to Lose Weight for My Mission. A young woman learned surprising lessons by focusing on physical health.
- What Is the Law of Chastity? Get some specifics on this divine law.
- Why Chastity? See where sexual purity fits in Heavenly Father’s plan.
Parents could use these articles as topics for home evening and for one-on-one discussions with their children. There are also several articles about the body in the August issue of the Friend magazine (pages 24, 34, 36, and the first two pages of the Friend Junior).
The August issue is now available online and printed copies are being delivered to subscribers.
J&W HintzeAugust 5, 2019
No. And glad to know we're not alone. Anxiously awaiting.
Marti ScottAugust 2, 2019
Am I the only one who hasn't gotten the August Ensign yet?