The following is excerpted from the Church Newsroom. To read the full report, CLICK HERE.
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is following the lead of governments and healthcare professionals around the world as a it considers a measured return to normal operating procedures disrupted by COVID-19.
The Church is moving forward in all areas of the world with ample caution, always strictly following the guidance of governments to prevent the spread of the pandemic. “Your safety and well-being will always be our utmost concern,” Church Prophet and President Russell M. Nelson said May 6, 2020.
Which Church functions have begun phases of reintegration?
- Missionary Work
The process of reassigning missionaries to missions in their home countries is underway, and they have started receiving their new assignments. The Church has issued travel guidelines for missionaries.
- Temple Worship
A phased reopening of temples has begun. Learn more. Also see the status of each temple.
And which Church operations are still temporarily paused, postponed, or closed to the public?
- Church Distribution Retail Stores (see more here)
- Church Educational System (large gatherings paused)
- Church Historic Sites
- Deseret Industries Stores
- Pageants (2020 pageants canceled)
- RootsTech London (2020 conference canceled)
- Sacrament Meetings and Stake Conferences
- Temple Square
- The Tabernacle Choir at Temple Square (2020 Heritage Tour has been rescheduled and weekly broadcasts are closed to the public)
- Youth Camps, Conferences, and Treks (see here and here)
Church Distribution Retail Stores (Updated April 10)
To read the full report, CLICK HERE.