From Scot Facer Proctor, Publisher of Meridian: Just about every Latter-day Saint has some food storage, so why not stimulate your thinking with some wonderful and proven recipes from Thrive Life’s famous Chef Todd Leonard? You can use your own home storage ingredients in the same quantities OR we have provided easy links to the products from Thrive. And here’s a fun hint: If you set up a monthly auto-ship and it’s at least $99 after discounts, you’ll receive 15% off and free shipping! That’s what we do here at the Proctor home. We started this modest approach some years ago and we have tons of food storage now, all of which has a twenty-five year shelf life! I have to say: That really gives us a lot of peace of mind.
Enjoy today’s recipe!
By Thrive Life
Makes 4 Servings (Double or triple for your family size)
15 m Prep Time
15 m Cook Time
A creamy chicken sauce over rice, topped with cheese, pineapple, tomatoes, celery, or any other topping you love! by Vanessa Henry
- 4 c Water
- 4 tsp THRIVE Chicken Bouillon
- 1 c THRIVE Béchamel (Creamy White Sauce)
- 1/2 c Sour Cream
- 2 c THRIVE Chopped Chicken – Freeze Dried
- Bring 2 cups of chicken stock to a boil, reduce heat to medium, and whisk in the Bechamel. Let it simmer for 2 to 3 minutes to thicken.
- Stir in the remaining chicken stock, sour cream, chopped chicken, salt, and pepper (to taste). Keep it warm for about 10 minutes while the chicken rehydrates and to heat through.
- Serve over cooked rice and top with desired toppings (examples: cheese, chow mein noodles, craisins, pineapple, tomatoes, celery)
Yummy! Your family will love this!