Recipe contributed by Chef Todd Leonard
These beefy burritos are stuffed with THRIVE goodness!
20m prep time
15m cook time
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1 tsp Garlic, minced
- 1/2 c THRIVE Sausage Crumbles – Freeze Dried
- 1/2 c THRIVE Small Diced Beef- Freeze Dried
- 2-1/2 c water
- 1/4 c Instant Pinto Beans
- 2 tbsp THRIVE Chopped Onions
- 2 tbsp Mixed Bell Peppers
- 1/4 c THRIVE Potato Chunks
- 1/4 c THRIVE Sweet Corn – Freeze Dried
- 1/4 c THRIVE Green Chili Peppers – Freeze Dried
- 1/4 c THRIVE Instant White Rice
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- 1/4 tsp Chipotle powder
- 1/2 tsp THRIVE Chefs Choice
- 1/4 tsp Chili powder
- 2 tbsp Cilantro
- 1 tbsp THRIVE Beef Bouillon
- 1/4 c THRIVE Tomato Dices – Freeze Dried
- 2 c THRIVE Shredded Colby Jack Cheese
- 4 large Flour tortillas
- Reconstitute cheese (preferably night before).
- Sweat butter and garlic together in a medium sized pot.
- Add sausage and roast beef and lightly caramelize and toast.
- Add water and all remaining ingredients except for tomatoes and cheese. Cook on low simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and cook until liquid is mostly gone.
- Fold half the cheese and ¼ cup THRIVE Enchilada Sauce (see recipe online) into the filling mixture.
- Scoop 1 cup of the filling into the bottom center of each of 4 large tortillas and roll up tightly.
- Place burritos in baking dish and top with remaining cheese and sauce. Bake at 350⁰ F for 14 minutes.