The following is excerpted from the Church Newsroom. To read the full report, CLICK HERE.
A few simple words directed at your Amazon or Google smart speaker will, beginning July 22, 2020, bring scripture, music, general conference talks and other important content from The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints into your home.
To get started, those who own an Amazon Echo can say, “Alexa, enable Gospel Voice.”
Users of Google Home can say, “Hey, Google. Talk to Gospel Voice.”
English versions of the following content will then be accessible:
- All books of scripture can be accessed by chapter (specific verses will be available later this year).
- Users can choose a male or female voice.
- To hear scripture, try these phrases:
“Alexa, ask Gospel Voice to read First Nephi chapter one.”
“Hey Google, ask Gospel Voice to read First Nephi chapter one.”
- This includes “Hymns,” the “Children’s Songbook”and “Youth Music.”
- To play music, try these phrases:
“Alexa, ask Gospel Voice to play hymn number one hundred and thirteen.”
“Hey Google, ask Gospel Voice to play hymn number one hundred and thirteen.”
To get more instructions for different devices, CLICK HERE.