The following is excerpted from the Church Newsroom. To read the full report, CLICK HERE.
Deseret Industries, a nonprofit work training business owned and operated by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, will begin reopening some of its stores the week of June 1, 2020. These and additional reopenings in the coming weeks will strictly follow local government safety guidelines to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Customers should visit deseretindustries.org/reopen for the status of each location
Stores will have reduced hours to allow for restocking and sanitization. In general, most stores will be open Tuesday through Saturday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
What to Expect When Donating Used Items
Deseret Industries stores are well-known for accepting donated items, which are then sold in the stores at low prices. Those preparing to donate should consider the following information:
- Stores will accept donations by appointment only. Visit deseretindustries.org/reopen to schedule a time.
- Donations of mattresses and box springs are no longer accepted. See a full list of prohibited items at deseretindustries.org/donate.
- Deseret Industries will quarantine donations. This will limit the number of items that can be accepted during the initial reopening period.
- Donation drop-off operations may close early because of increased demand and the time required to quarantine each donation.
- Donors are asked to wait in their vehicle until it is their turn to donate. Once they have reached the drop-off area, donors can remove items from their car and place them in the designated bins or carts.
- Donors are encouraged to wear masks.
“We expect an influx of donations into our stores,” said Brent Palmer, Deseret Industries manager of operations. “We are so grateful for everyone who has waited to donate, and we want to accept as many donations as possible. Donated items allow us to help the associates in our job-training program.”
To read the full report, CLICK HERE.