To read more from Larry, visit LDS365.
Do you know someone who is deaf or hard of hearing? Do you know what to do and what to say?
Here are some tips in an infographic from the Church.
- Ask how they want to be included and involved.
- When talking, make sure they can see your mouth.
- Get the person’s attention with a wave or tap on the shoulder.
- Shouting or over-enunciating is often not helpful.
- Speak directly to the person, not the interpreter.
- Using the terms “deaf” or “hard of hearing” is best.