I was so excited to see you there at the dedication. I knew that your coverage would be amazing. I have always loved your work and knew you would capture the moment. Thank you for interviewing me and letting me be a part of this historic day. It felt like Christmas to me the night before. I had dreamt of this moment for so long and now it was here and I couldn't sleep! It did not disappoint. My husband and I felt like in some small way, our service to the Italian people and the church there in Italy in 1972-74 contributed to the beautiful Temple and the success there. People asked us what changed the most in Italy in 45 years. I would have to say, the church! How amazing to see the growth there. People know who we are now! Hurrah for Israel!
Thanks for the wonderful photos. I served in the Rome Mission from 1992-1994, and it was a bit of a thrill to see the picture of Anziano Conforte, who was an area authority while I was there, and for whom I have a great deal of respect. Loved all your captions!
Oh Scot and Maurine...what a beautiful Photo Essay and a marvelous experience for you to be there to witness the dedication firsthand! You have been in our thoughts and prayers all week and we appreciate your efforts and talents in making this experience available to all of your Meridian readers!
We can explain the need for temples to the Italians:
The Restored Church of Jesus Christ believes in the Christianity of the New Testament era. Here are some beliefs of Christians of the New Testament era:
1. Baptism by immersion by the father (who has the authority) of the family
2. Lay, married clergy
3. Baptism by proxy for deceased ancestors 1 Corinthians 15:29
4. God and Jesus organized the world, rather than creatio ex nihilo.
5. Belief in a tripartite anthropomorphic Godhead, as witnessed by the Apostle Stephen. Acts 7: 55-56
6. Belief in theosis (that faithful Christians can acquire god-like attributes). All early Christian leaders believed in theosis.
7. Belief in God’s Plan of Salvation, given by Jesus Christ to the Apostles during the 40 days after His Resurrection. (Sophia Jesu Christi)
8. Belief in sacred esoteric ordinances which allow faithful Christians to ascend to the highest heaven. Cyril, Bishop of Jerusalem, administered these ordinances until 350 AD. (Catechetical Lectures 20 and 23).
9. Belief in Eternal Marriage, as recorded in the Book of the Apostle Philip. 70:20
Temples teach of 3), 4), 5), 6), 7), 8), and 9)
What a blessing for our brothers & sisters in Italy and the surrounding area!! Heavenly Father is so magnificent & Loves us more than we can comprehend!!
Love to all
Email (will not be published)
Daily news, articles, videos and podcasts sent straight to your inbox.