To sign up for Meridian’s Free Newsletter, please CLICK HERE.
Ponder, if you will, these ten truths:
- God gave us agency – equality of opportunity, the right to choose, and the obligation to be responsible and accountable for our actions.
- God will give no blessing to one of His children that is not available to all of His children.
- Satan preached equality of outcome – do whatever you want, “God will beat us with a few stripes, and at last we shall be saved in the kingdom of God.” (2 Nephi 28)
- We progress by experiencing the consequences of our efforts.
- Where there is agency, there will always be unequal effort.
- Where there are unequal efforts, there are unequal outcomes.
- If efforts and outcomes co-vary, there is justice.
- If equal outcomes are mandated regardless of efforts, there is no justice.
- If there is no justice, there is no agency and God’s plan is thwarted.
- If there is no justice, God ceases to be God. (Alma 42)
* * *
Gary Lawrence is a political pollster and the author of “The War in Heaven Continues; Satan’s Tactics to Destroy You, Christianity, the Family, the Constitution, and America.”