The following is excerpted from the Church News. To read the full article, CLICK HERE.
With Giving Machines operating in 61 locations during this Christmas season, more people than ever have had the opportunity to donate at the machines and therefore help someone in need.
As of Dec. 18, approximately 350,000 people have visited the Giving Machines, contributing to 75,000 separate transactions, reported ChurchofJesusChrist.org.
Donations so far include:
- Nearly 1 million meals
- More than 100,000 children’s books
- Hundreds of thousands of pounds of fresh fruits and vegetables, dairy, meat and staples
- Food, clothing, shelter, job opportunities, education and more for tens of thousands of refugees
- Vaccinations against polio and measles for more than 1 million children
- Hundreds of thousands of hygiene kits
- Education for hundreds of young African girls
Since 2017, 1.5 million visitors have donated more than $22 million to local and global nonprofit organizations, with The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints covering all operational expenses.
The machines are in seven countries in 2023 — the United States, Canada, Mexico, Guatemala, Australia, New Zealand and the Philippines. Some have been mobile or traveling machines and spend a few days in different cities while others have remained in one place from around the end of November til the first of January.
To read the full article, CLICK HERE.