To read more from Larry, visit LDS365.
God, our loving Heavenly Father, wants us to communicate with Him through prayer. He always listens to us when we pray. Daily prayer can bless you, your family, and those you pray for. It can also invite more peace into your life, help you learn more about God’s plan for you, and more. Here are ten ways prayer can improve your life, starting today.
- Prayer helps you develop a relationship with God. Just like your parents here on earth, your Heavenly Father wants to hear from you and talk to you. When you pray, He listens. Then He answers your prayers in the form of thoughts, spiritual feelings, scripture, or even the actions of other people.
- Prayer helps you gain an understanding of God’s loving nature. The scriptures teach, “God is love” (1 John 4:8). You can feel that love as you speak daily with Him through prayer, seeking His guidance in your life.
- Prayer provides answers. Praying and listening to the answers God gives you can help you better understand your purpose in life. God will help you understand why you are here and what you can do to return to live with Him after this life.
- Prayer helps you find direction in your life. When you privately pray to God, you can work through serious decisions in your life. God always listens and often provides the specific answers and guidance we seek. Even when He chooses not to answer immediately or in the way we might have hoped, prayer itself is a way to find peace.
- Prayer gives you strength to avoid temptation. Jesus counseled His disciples, “Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation” (Matthew 26:41). Through prayer, we can overcome temptations to sin. Pray for God’s help to keep you from making wrong choices. This will give you the strength to do what is right.
- Prayer aligns your will with God’s will.
See the rest at the page 10 Meaningful Benefits of Prayer at Come Unto Christ. See more great pages like this that explain basic principles of the gospel.
Watch the video The Power of Prayer: